Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ireland trip

Malahide Castle Coast of Ireland

Bewley's hotel





Rob and Chris
Me and Crystal


Ireland.....check!



I have been able to see two countries this year that were on my list of things to do! We went to Scotland earlier this year and Ireland was checked off the list this past weekend. We took a short 45/50 minute flight from London/Stansted and arrived in Dublin Saturday evening. The bus system is very easy to use and we arrived safely at our hotel, Bewley's, without getting lost! Our hotel was an old school house and was beautiful! We went on this trip with our friends and had a wonderful time seeing all of Dublin (I actually think we made it twice around the city on the hop-0n-hop-off bus. Our main stops were Guinness Storehouse and Kilmainham Goal (old prison). We also walked around city centre and checked out the shops. Along the bus route was Phoenix Park....I believe it is one of the largest parks in the EU. Ireland's president lives in a house located in that park and across the roundabout is the US ambassador's house!



We also took a North Coast & Malahide Castle tour! It was a three hour bus tour with a stop at Malahide Castle and a surprise stop at the beach......I almost forgot to tell you.......IT DIDN'T RAIN THE WHOLE TIME WE WERE IN IRELAND!!!!!!!!!! Our bus driver on the coastal tour was funny and he said it only rains twice a year in Ireland....."the first time is for about 6 months.......!!" We took over 200 pictures so I will post just a few!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Hey Chrissy! I am so excited to see you blogging! I love being able to keep up with family that is far away. We enjoyed visiting with you at the Family Reunion so much! The girls are just precious and it is so nice to know their personality to put with the pics!

I look forward to seeing more blog posts from you!

Love to all, from all of us!
Shannon