Sunday, March 8, 2009

Freaky Fens


















The name of my post today comes from a comment Meghan made after we saw the sheep skeleton and the bird skeleton.  Meghan said...."this place is freaky"....... We did agree with her. Not sure what was happening in the Fen area we were walking, but it was interesting to see.
We went to Lakenheath Fens, which were man made for the farms in the area. Birds, otters, deer all live in this area, but we only saw some birds. 
We decided to take one of the short paths today, but it ended up longer than we planned. I told Rob..."I guess we took the long cut!!" We arrived back at the car as the rain started! The blue sky disappeared too:(
The girls and I were able to break in our new hiking/trail shoes this trip and our walking sticks.  The walking sticks were found in the Thetford forest and Rob sanded them down and painted them. 
side note........this post was longer, but after loosing it three times, I've decided to publish it as is!!!

No comments: