Yesterday was a beautiful warm day in the UK so we headed out to Bury for lunch and some window shopping. And to pick up a light bulb for one of Rob's headlights....his car failed MOT because it was blown out...so we had to get it fixed to get it to pass MOT. We had a nice lunch at Frankie and Benny's and then headed out to shop...which I think most people in this area were doing the same thing! I really love going to get fresh produce and Meghan and Jenna love cherries, so we stopped by the market and picked up some yummy cherries, strawberries, red peppers and avocados. We then decided to take the girls to look at the flowers in the Abbey Gardens.....which are always beautiful. Along the way we were walking past Claire's and Rob stopped. He asked Meghan what the sign on the window said and she told him..."ear piercing". He asked her if she wanted her ear's pierced and she said..."ummm, yes!!!" I was really surprised because we had talked about waiting because we wanted the piercings to be fun and not a scary thing for her. I was waiting for her to start crying when they were piercing her ears....but NOPE didn't happen!! My baby girl is growing up and I wanted to cry for her because she looked so big and mature (for a 6 soon to be 7 year old). She teared up a little but that was it!!! She has cute little pink earrings in and is so so happy!!! It is her birthday month, so Rob told her it was an early birthday gift!!
She wanted a picture with her American doll with her new earrings in!!!
(the doll is wearing build a bear clothes!!)
1 comment:
Sounds like a perfectly wonderful day.. shopping for fresh produce at the market... going to the Abbey Gardens... ahhhh...I want to be there.
Are you from the UK or just there for a time while your husband is on business? See, I'm curious to know since you said you're world travelers and I'm just meeting you for the first time. :)
The pictures of your daughter in her new earrings are cute. What a brave little girl.
It was fun visiting.
Your new chum,
Lynnette
Dancing Barefoot on Weathered Ground
Post a Comment