We headed to the coast this weekend for some Castle and Cliffs fun in the sun. We didn't expect the sunshine, but it is always nice to have around here! We have been wanting to see Dover Castle since we arrived (or should I say...I wanted to see it). I love history and was excited to see the wartime tunnels and secret hospital. I wish we had taken my parents there this last spring because they would have really enjoyed seeing it too. The best part of the castle (in my opinion) was the secret tunnels and with all cool tours, those are the ones you can't take pictures on. .....side note....parking for the castle is in large fields down the road, but we got lucky and were able to park in the parking lot right beside the Castle Keep...because I'm pregnant!hehehehe
Day two we headed to the White Cliffs of Dover and we walked on some trails along the coast. It was beautiful and we could see the coast of France too. The girls love hiking and running in fields, so this was a great day out for them. We also saw a few horses on cliffs....they are part of the local conservation project.
Hopefully they didn't have this sign above the door during WWII!

Lot's of sally-ports on one side of the castle grounds.
Henry II bedroom decor.
View from the castle grounds.
The Great Tower.
****Stayed tuned for pictures from the Cliffs....I can only upload 5 pictures per post...if someone can tell me how to add more please help!
No comments:
Post a Comment