Friday, April 16, 2010

Hampton Court Palace

I love the Tudors and I'm talking about the show and the actual time in history with Henry VIII. I am not sure I remember much about history from high school since it was so many years ago, but I am in love with it since living in England. I love learning about it and then going to the sites/castles/places to see where it all took place.
Going to Hampton Court and seeing what Cardinal Wolsey built and then what Henry VIII had done to the palace after he took it was awesome.
The most interesting thing I heard during our time touring the place was something I over heard someone say in the Gardens.....two locals on bicycles passed me and the lady said, "maybe one day I will get inside to see the palace." I was shocked to think she lived so close to some place so grand and she had never been inside to check it out.
We all enjoyed our day out and the best part was they were having Henry VIII and Catherine Parr's wedding! Jenna thought they were the real King and Queen, but she was confused because she knows that the current queen is Elizabeth....I think she finally figured it out that they were pretending.






No comments: