Monday, January 9, 2012

Couponing....again

This is what $37.80 will buy you......if you have a coupon savings of 39.8%!
My goal for the year is to save more money during my grocery shopping trips and this trip is helping me achieve my goal.


There is a Dora DVD in the picture, but that wasn't included in my savings, because it was purchased with cash (Sarah's birthday money)....but everything else was part of my savings. I purchased a few items for a birthday gift and they were not on sale...but still got everything at a great price.
Things I have learned and need to pay attention to....
try and make sure your items are scanning correctly. My Slim Fast drinks scanned a $1 each more than price listed on the shelf. My cashier corrected the price and I got all 4 4-packs for $9.96 because I had Buy one get one coupons!
Also, watch when they are scanning your coupons....some might stick together or the cashier might put in the wrong amount.
I also make sure nothing is scanned twice.
I have also started to price check items at the different places I shop....I want the best deal.
I don't spend too many hours a week on my couponing, but what I do spend pays off.
I don't go to the store without a list and on my list I note if an item has a coupon or is part of a deal.
The more I save...the more I get excited about saving more!


No comments: