I was helping the girls get ready for bed the other night and as I turned on their bedroom light I noticed a name and some other marks on the wall. I have talked to Jenna over and over about what we can write on and what we can NOT write on.....so when I saw her name on the wall I thought she was at it again. I called the girls into the bedroom and asked where the pencil was.....because I had taken all writing tools out of their bedroom because scribbles had started showing up on everything. Meghan told me they didn't have any pencils, pens or crayons in their bedroom and Jenna said..."yeah Mom, you took them all". I asked them who was writing on the wall and Jenna said no one was writing in their room....ummmm ok. I pointed at the wall and said "well this looks like writing and it is your name Jenna"..... Jenna let me know that was not written, but the marks were made with a penny. I said that is still writing on the wall.....Jenna, "but Mom we just marked with the penny....no writing and oh, they don't leave marks on the furniture"!
The last comment about the furniture just lets me know she tried it on everything! I also found out that Meghan was in on the fun and left a few marks in the bedroom too.
The paint over here isn't like wall paint in the US...this paint is hard to wipe clean and if you do wipe it down you are actualy wiping the paint off..so I will just wet a sponge and it will make the marks disappear. The funny part of this story is I think it's a family habit of writing on things. My Mom told me my sister wrote her name under our coffee table and they didn't know about it until they sold the table to someone else! My oldest niece, Miranda also has put her signature on my Mom's car....Miranda was about 4 years old and found a nail in the driveway. She had gotten to the R in her name before she was caught!
I thought Jenna would out grow these activities earlier in her life, but I guess she is just getting started!!!!
1 comment:
They are very good at watching out for my back. They made it clear that I wasn't allowed to write on the walls with a penny. :) It was as if they were protecting me from getting introuble. :)
Post a Comment