Living outside the US is really an experience and one I'm really enjoying. Life really is different and it's interesting to see what other's countries do as "normal" behavior.
I'm going to first start by explaining the "travelers"...aka gypies. There are groups of travlers that set up "camp" in any open field and stay put intil the government kicks them off. When I say set up camp anywhere...I mean that. When they set up camp on someone's land, the land owner has to have help by the govt to get them to move..... They also will tie their horses up on a chain (like some people do for dogs) and then they leave a bucket of water for them. We have a camp right behind our housing area, so we have had horses living near us since we moved in...well the other night when I was taking a friend's girls home, there was a horse walking/running all around my neighborhood. And no, there wasn't a rider. It isn't one of the friendly horses, so I slowly drove past it and luckily it was not around when I returned a few hours later. If you are smart and know the "rules" with travlers...you don't call the police on them.....you don't want to get on their bad side.
Wednesday afternoon I was driving the girls home from school when traffic slowed down...thinking they set up signal lights for road repair, I slowed down and planned to wait a while....well it wasn't for road repair....there was just a bale of hay the size of a car in the road...
We do live in the country and it smells really bad some days like cow poo and the roads are narrow and not in good condition..but over all it's fun and interesting to live here!! I will try and take some pictures to post soon!!
No comments:
Post a Comment