
After many years...(ok, so it's only just been 4)...Jenna is giving up thumb sucking!! Ok, so she really isn't doing it on her own. She has talked about quitting for a while, but like most people with a bad habit, she is having a hard time with it. Right before her 4th birthday she told all of us she was going to quit when she turned 4...but that only lasted about an hour. Right after Christmas I ordered Mavala Stop and it finally arrived in the mail yesterday. I talked to Jenna about it and at 1pm we painted her thumbs!! She is doing great and is really trying hard. I put it on my thumb and tried it (Rob too)...and it was nasty...so I can see why she is trying so hard.
I have to say it was easier to "hide" the pacifier from Meghan and at age 2 she was done with it. I loved how cute Jenna looked as a tiny little girl sucking on her thumb holding her blanket. When she first started she would look at her blanket from across the room and suck her thumb just seeing it.
****update****Mavala stop wore off at swim lessons tonight and Jenna was caught sucking her thumb:) This will be a tough habit to break.
3 comments:
Good Luck! I have three that suck fingers...the oldest of the three only does it when she is sleeping (I think unconsiously) but the other two have no intention of giving it up!
It's much easier to break kids from sucking on pacifiers than it is thumbs/fingers. I'm a statistic to that one. I sucked my middle 2 fingers until I was almost 11 or 12. Granted that is so not the norm and I'm so not proud of it. It was an attachment thing for me. My brother & sister were pacifier suckers and my parents had an easy time breaking that. Good luck.
Great job Jenna! and mom. She does look cute in that picture with her little blanket.
Post a Comment