


Lackford Lake Nature Reserve...that begins with L!!! We had one of the most beautiful days in a long time.....it was sunny, 50 degrees and no wind!! I was going to just hang out at the house and let the girls play out back, but Rob asked if we wanted to head over to Lackford lake and look around. SURE!! We took the girl's wellies (rain boots) because with all the rain and snow we have had here, we knew there would be some mud. Good thing we brought the boots! Some parts of the trails were so muddy, it was squishing when we walked! The girls loved it, but I was worried they would fall. Jenna falls down on most walks because she starts to run. Thankfully when she did fall we were on a dry spot and she didn't get all muddy.
Meghan was the line leader (her words, not ours) and she took us from one trail to another. A few times we were in some pretty thick mud and I had flash backs to my childhood and all the "short cuts" Dad would take us on. side note....my family traveled to Yellowstone and Glacier a few times and we would do a lot of sightseeing/hiking and it seemed we always ended up off the regular trail on a short cut that turned into a long cut!!! One memory is my Dad dragging us (my sisters and I) up the side of a small incline to get back on the trail, because the "short cut" didn't work out!!
I hope Rob and I are making the same great memories with our girls!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment