Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday....week in review....

I still haven't finished blogging about my Germany trip but I am someone who puts things off until I feel overwhelmed...then I will get it done!hahaa  We have only been home from Germany for a week and a day and it feels like I was never gone.  Jenna was still out of school this week for spring break, so my cleaning was a slow process because I had to play Dora, read books, play baby sitters and hang out with a very sweet little 4 year old!  My time with just me and Jenna at home during the day is in the final year.....I registered her for Kindergarten yesterday and re-registered Meghan at Lakenheath for 1st grade!!!   Jenna was so bored this week playing and hanging out with me....I think her highlight of the day was when we went to pick up Meghan.   
I have been cleaning a little extra and getting the house ready for Mom, Dad and Tracy's visit!  We have a few more days and Mom and Dad will be here!  We are very excited and have some fun things lined up while they are here.  (Tracy is flying in a few days after Mom and Dad...fyi)
Rob's eyes are healing well and he is still excited about not having to wear contacts or glasses to see!  I can't imagination not being able to see without the ad of glasses/contacts and I'm so happy he was able to get his eye sight corrected and doesn't need anything to see!!
I've had a lot on my mind recently and life really is something you shouldn't take lightly......the day of our return from Germany I was informed an airmen from Lakenheath was killed in action in Afghanistan on April 4.  Wow, what sad news to hear after returning from a nice trip (my life was moving on while someone elses was falling down around them).  I couldn't place the name but yesterday my heart broke more when I realized I knew the airman's wife and kids.....the little girl was in Jenna's preschool class last year. Just think...... his kids won't get to grow up with him around.....never get a hug or kiss from him.....never hear I love you again from him....      This makes me thankful for the time I get with everyone in my life and I am so happy I take the time to do silly things with my girls, contact my family and just live;)    Pray for all our guys and gals downrange....and dont' forget the families they have left behind as well.

No comments: