Tuesday, April 28, 2009

London

Tower Bridge


Prince Charles and the boys live here.
Big Ben and the House of Parliament

We took everyone to London on Monday.  We started out right on time and when we arrived at the tube (train) station the car park was full.  We drove about 2 minutes down the road to Theydon Bois and found the last parking spot!!!  Rob and I joked through out the day that the car would be clamped or gone when we return, but it was right where we left it!!  The tube/train ride in was fun and we actually didn't get lost. We went straight to the hotel Tracy was going to stay at to drop off her bags then we found a nice place to eat lunch, Garfunkel's .  I won't forget to mention....it was a typical rainy London day but that didn't stop us from the bus tour.  We rode the Original Sight Seeing bus and boat tour and saw all of London.  We also saw some protesters around the House of India and then at Parliament. They were protesting about some things happening in Sri Lanka.  We had a very long and exhausting day but it was fun too.  

1 comment:

Liene said...

It's funny how when I was last in England we had beautiful days outside of London and then it was all doom and gloom in London. Although I didn't mind too much. I was there in Jan/Feb and I wasn't too bothered by the cooler weather either.

Is the London Eye still there and did you go on it? We too parked outside of the city and took the Tube through London. Much easier than finding parking in the city. The Tube is awesome. Easy to navigate.