Saturday, April 11, 2009

Trip to Germany part 2













I'm not sure how many posts I will do but I will try and include a lot of pictures. Germany is so beautiful and we had some awesome weather while we were there. Since Rob was there for PRK, we didn't do as much sight seeing as we would have liked but we did get to see some cool castles, Rob's old stomping grounds (Manneheim) and the local areas.
We went to two castles...Burg Nanstein and Burg Lichtenberg. Both were beautiful and I have to say the German castles are much different than the English castles. Both are awesome but the Germans seemed to have an advantage with having the mountains to work with....they found the highest point in the area and that was the spot for the castle. The English had to work with flat areas, so they built up land for the castle to sit on...but they didn't have the views the German castles afforded from impending attacks.
The pictures on this post are from Burg Lichtenberg.
fyi---Burg is the German word for castle...

No comments: