Friday, May 8, 2009

Show us Where You live Friday

This picture is looking at my living room from my husband's chair.

My husband's chair and corner.  (we hide our xbox toys behind this chair).

This picture is looking in the living room from the front entry way.

This is the view from the dining room. (the British like to put doors up in every entry way).

I love reading and checking out Kelly's Korner's blog and last week my kitchen was way too messy to show off to the world.  I'm showing off my living room to show how much stuff you can put in a small English house. I'm a neighbor of Angie's (Lingar Lowdown) but I don't live in a converted barn.  If I did, I would have much more room.  I live in an average size British house and I have American size furniture!
Hope you enjoyed seeing my tiny living room!!!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Cheers to English homes! The home I grew up in was in Cobham and more "cottage" than house, but I loved it so much. My Godparents still live next door so I visit my old neighborhood when I can. I am also still in touch with some of the boys and girls that were in my playgroup in 1983-1985, so keeping in touch with your children's English buddies will be something they certainly appreciate many years later.

jayneH said...

Hee i loved the comment you made about the english homes and doorways, I have looked around a lot of American homes on their blogs and couldnt understand why there wasnt any internal doors downstairs, our houses ARE a lot smaller than the US ones unfortunately, i would love a house American style:)
have a great day, Jayne

Little House By The Sea said...

Ha ha ha ha I love your comment about the English homes, the reason we have doors in every possible entry way is because it is so cold here we would freeze.. Our hoses are also old and draughty. LOL.. I found your blog from Kellys Korner by the way.

Sarah x