Sunday, September 5, 2010

Table Rock

Today we had our first family outing in the state of South Carolina (outside...not at a mall or shopping center)!
We headed up to Table Rock state park and we all five loved it!
We packed a picnic and ate lunch before heading out for an hour long hike. We picked the shortest trail because of the girls and me carrying Sarah....oh and because ECU was playing today and we had to be home for Rob to watch the game. ha
Rob is the kind of hiker that looks as you are walking but the girls are the talking, has to stop a lot kind of hikers. Me....I like to take it slow but I keep the girls moving so it doesn't take us hours to complete a mile hike.
We did the short hike, but that doesn't mean it was the easiest. At one point we were thinking I might not make it up the side of the trail because of carrying Sarah in the Moby Wrap. I did make it up and I tell you carrying 20 extra pounds is an awesome workout!!
We let the girls take their shoes off after we did the trail to get their feet wet and they both slipped on the rocks and got wet up past their waists. We thought Jenna hit her head, but thankfully she didn't (at least that is what she is saying).....she did have dirt on her cheek from the fall.



Rob getting a close up view of the falls.



Jenna holding a corn snake at the nature center.


I think we will be back for more hiking and adventure and will have to plan it on a day that there is no football!Ha


No comments: