Saturday, September 11, 2010

this and that

I have had a pretty busy week and I'm exhausted because Sarah has decided to not sleep during the night very well. She only had one nap yesterday and she slept most of last night, so I only let her have one long nap today. I'm hoping we have another good night. I have to confess to say I do still nurse her at night when she wakes....I was told by her doctor she did not need night feedings....but she will go back to sleep so much faster if I just nurse her:) I am super happy that nursing has lasted this long and she will wean from my milk to regular milk around 12 months (if all keeps going well). I have let nursing go from month to month and at this age/stage it is super easy. She only nurses about 4-5 times in a 24 hr period so I don't have to work my day around her nursings!!

Meghan had grandparents day at her school and since no grands live near us she wanted me to attend. Rob was kind enough to say I might be the same age as some of the grandparents....but he was wrong:) Most looked much older than me.hehe I really enjoyed going because it gave me the chance to go and meet some of her classmates.
I took Sarah with me and the little girls in Meghan's class loved her! One sweet little girl asked me if Sarah got on my nerves..... I said no she was a good baby. The little girl (I'll call her K) told me her baby brother got on her Mom's nerves all the time when he was a baby and he still got on her nerves.... K then said her step-Dad was a jerk to her Mom. I was shocked I was getting so much information from K after I had just met her. I asked her why her Step-Dad was a jerk and I did ask if he was mean to her. Thankfully she said he wasn't mean to her, he just liked to yell at her Mom:( I asked her if her grandparents had to leave the party early and she said nope they didn't want to come. I don't like making excuses for people but I told her maybe they were busy.....
Another little girl told me that she lived with her step-Dad too because her other Dad moved away so he could drink beer, hang out with his friends and smoke......
I'm so thankful for the parents I was given because I didn't have to live in any environments like the little girls above speak about and my girls are so lucky to have a wonderful Dad. Having a stable home is not something everyone gets in life and it breaks my heart to hear how some kids live.

On a brighter note.....I have been cleaning out and organizing. I have had everything unpacked for a while and I put some things away and have started pulling things out and cleaning out. I have already taken a huge truck load to Goodwill and will have another trip to make soon. I think living in a small house in England has shown me I really don't need a lot of extras to just keep stored away.
I did decide to get rid of my dolls from when I was younger but Meghan and Jenna found them and wanted to keep them. I was telling them the names of my dolls this evening and they had the nerve to laugh at my dolls names!hahaha I think Tuesday, Tina and Timothy are very cute names for my three cabbage patch dolls:) Meghan and Jenna will call their dolls hairbow...pinky...and other crazy names!ha


No comments: