I am a stay at home Mom and up until March I was a spouse to an Air Force officer. I clipped coupons and tried to save, but I didn't HAVE to do it....well we are no longer making the bucks that an officer makes (we actually have to pay for our mortgage, health care, life insurance....etc)......so I need to start saving more on groceries, so we can have money for other things. Never thought I would be in the situation, but I am stronger and actually more happy than I was before. Life threw us a crazy curve ball, but we hit it and are running the bases of life;)
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Couponing
I'm sure you have either watched a preview of the show or the show itself....Extreme Couponing on TLC. I LOVE the show, except I don't see the point in buying and stockpiling goods you may never use. But the idea is awesome and I am working to get my spending down and my savings up. Last week I noticed the sales paper and saw some pasta on sale for 49 cents.....well I had 50 cent coupons and a $1 coupon off of them, so I not only got the seven boxes of pasta for free....but I made 57 cents. Of course that 57 cents went to another item I purchased. This week I started early and made my list, searched for coupons (I print them from the internet and buy newspapers), and searched the sales paper. After all my hard work, I saved $80.05 on my grocery bill today!! (And no....I didn't get 40 some bottles of hot sauce I'd never use....you would have had to watch the show to see why I say that).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment