Sunday, June 26, 2011

first room done....well almost

This is my first time doing "big" home improvement. I had Rob help me get the shelves down....and we were not too happy to find out that they were glued on the wall (they were screwed on too). So as you can see in some of the pictures I had to do some patch work. I didn't do that great of a job...I thought I did, but when I started painting it was noticeable that I didn't make the spackle completly flat with the wall....
The wallpaper boarder came off pretty easy, but it took me two days (I only work when Sarah is sleeping).




Rob supervised and I did all the work! I have wanted to do something like this for so long, I couldn't wait for his help. I had to paint inside the closet (it was the bright green color) and the ceiling was blue.



It was pretty easy to paint the ceiling and I actually started liking the green walls as the blue was disappearing.

The base boards were blue too....so I painted them and the closest doors white.
Jenna LOVES orange and that is what she wanted her room color to be.....so here ya go.



We still need to decorate....and down the road the carpet will change too.
Next paint project is called playful pool......Meghan's room.

No comments: