And with that said, we don't always get what we are asking for....and that doesn't mean God didn't hear you....it just isn't in his plan for you. He isn't punishing you for something you did......he isn't ignoring you, it just wasn't meant to be. This is hard to type and actually understand as I read a blog about a family dealing with their 5 year old with Cancer.
I think I was praying a certain thing when Rob was up for the RIF.....I didn't want him to get out because of what we would be loosing, but at the same time, I said my prayers and I actually let go of my worries. I was heartbroken and still am with the fact we are no longer active duty but I was able to handle it a little better because I knew that God had a plan for us....we didn't know what it was, but he would be with us....no matter what. No, loosing a job isn't like fighting with Cancer, but it was still a life changing time for me and I grew in my relationship with God. We went many months without a job opportunity and as time drew closer and closer to unemployment stress did get higher, but I never lost trust nor my faith that God would provide.
I really do believe in the power of prayer and I had many family and friends praying for us and I think we could do the same for Lucy and her family.
Reading Kate's posts on her blog bring tears to my eyes, aches to my heart and makes me hold on tighter to my girls and loved ones. I'm taking more time out to build a lego house and letting my real house stay messy....because my girls won't stay young for long nor can I make up for moments already gone.
I was reading Kate's blog last night and my big girls saw Lucy's picture with no hair.....I didn't want to lie, so I told them she was very very sick and needed lot's of prayers. Jenna asked if she got a lot of prayers would she get better. That was so hard to answer.....I told them no. I told them, it was in God's hands if she got better but in praying for her (and her family) we are asking for healing for her and strength for all of them in whatever was going to happen.
For me the biggest thing to get out of Kate's blog and so many other blogs I have read. She is angry and hurt and broken....but she has never lost faith nor turned away from God.
No comments:
Post a Comment