Early Saturday morning we packed the car and headed to Legoland. The Garmin told us we would arrive at 10:06am, so we were pretty excited to arrive when the park opened. Well, our plan didn't work out as we hoped....we were 20 minutes from the park and were stuck in traffic. Our arrival time kept getting pushed further away....we finally arrived around 1:30pm. Me being pregnant and stuck in the car wasn't a good thing...I had to potty for about an hour and I thank the construction on the M25 and M4 for that! I think the girls were about to give up on going too!
We decided we would spend a few hours at the park and then right before dinner time we headed to the hotel to check-in. The park is very cool and the girls loved it. I have to admit....I don't really think the girls knew what Legos were...but they do now (we bought a little set to play with at home). The coolest part of the whole park is the Miniland....I can only say WOW!!! It's amazing what was built with the legos and we walked around the little mini-london and could identify everything.
We ate dinner at the hotel and took a swim Saturday evening. I thought the girls would crash and sleep in....WRONG! They stayed up to watch the Karate Kid and then were awake up 630am asking if we could go to the park. We ate breakfast, killed a little time and then headed to the park for our day two adventure. We rode on as many rides as we could, ate some junk food and were exhausted by the time we left the park for the ride home.
The girls loved the park and are hoping for a return visit before we leave England. I enjoyed it except for the crowds and think if we make a return trip we will plan it when the British schools are in session. I also don't want to be pregnant the next time....it didn't stop me from riding any rides, it just was very tiring for me.
The girls are standing in front of Brugge, Belgium!
Stonehenge
London (Big Ben)
No comments:
Post a Comment