Wednesday, August 5, 2009

VBS and annual checkups

I'm going to do a review of the last week and include a little about this week too. We have had such a busy past few weeks. I have tried to keep up with the girls' friends for them and last week we had two days with play dates! We had so much fun with all our friends and it makes us all three look forward to school starting back. The girls had annual medical check ups last week too. The appointments went well and I am so happy no shots were thrown in! I did tell Meghan she would get a flu shot this year and if she did not freak out she could get her ears pierced..but that will be another blog post!! Jenna is going to pass on the ear piercing, but will still have to get the flu shot.
Meghan is 6 years 10 months old, she weighed 44 lbs and is 47 1/2 inches tall. She has two warts and we received the medicine to apply to them to get them gone! She is reading more each day and is becoming confident in her reading skills too. She is also practicing math problems...and WOW..she is pretty good!
Jenna is 5 years 1 month old, she weighed 38 lbs and is 42 7/8 inches tall. She is learning her "popcorn" or sight words (whatever you want to call them) and is writing much better. We have been working on her numbers and letters for writing and she has come a long way this summer.
For both girls I have work books for them and they love working on homework!! (I hope this doesn't change)
This week we are in VBS!!! So much fun and I'm so happy I signed up to help out. Both the girls are really enjoying the classes, music, food and fun. It is tiring them out, but hey...just a short time and they will both be back in school!
I have been doing a lot of cleaning and reorganizing the house..which isn't really new news, but I'm trying to work harder on it because I want the house just right before the baby arrives. I don't think we will be moving to a four bedroom before the baby arrives and that is cool...it is just hard to think we will have 5 people living in this tiny little house for almost 8 or 9 months. The best part about getting rid of things is over here the charities collect items from your house, they drop a bag one week...you fill it up and leave it out on the date assigned!! I love it!!! I have to be careful, so I don't give away what we really need or use!

No comments: