116 family arrived at the old home place to visit, laugh and have a fun day with family. We were missing some of the sisters/brothers, but the turn out was great for such a large family. We had my Mom's cousins and their families also come out for the fun.
We go all out when it comes to family fun! We had a DJ and did a little dancing!
The kids were kept busy on this blow up slide. (This same slide was rented a few years back and one of the older cousins broke his leg on it).....
No injuries occurred during this reunion.
It was great to see some of my cousins because it has been up to 10 years since I've seen some in person.
Let me back track a little and tell you a little bit of family info. My Mom is the 3rd born of 17 children. All were born and raised by my wonderful Grandmama and Grandaddy Moore in Seven Springs, North Carolina. They were a farming family and didn't have a huge house and lot's of money but made up for it in love.
My Grandmama was kinda the head of the house and she is one of the most wonderful women I have ever met and probably will ever meet in my life. She raised her children for other's to love and taught them morals, values and Christian beliefs.
Grandmama and Grandaddy have passed away but all 17 children are still alive and most keep in touch and make sure to come down for the twice a year family gathering. I know Grandmama would love to see all the grandbabies/great grandbabies she has and would make every single one know they were extra special to her.
I have so many wonderful memories of running in the fields, sleeping on the floor, eating at the bench at the long table and playing with all my cousins. I am so happy that I am able to bring my girls down to share in all the fun at the family reunions. The girls are starting to remember extended family and are not as shy around everyone.
No southern family gathering is complete unless you are slow cooking a pig....also known in the south as BBQ:)
No comments:
Post a Comment