Monday, July 18, 2011

recap #1 of vaca in NC

Summer Vacation 2011
567 miles , 1 Mom, 3 little girls and no car sickness started out our trip!
I was up for the challenge of driving us by myself since Rob had to work and it was a great trip. Lot's of bonding time and we made great time and made it in about 10 hours. Meghan normally gets a little carsick, but we had none of that this trip...both ways!
We couldn't find the DVD cord, so we only had DS's and music to keep the girls busy (and some toys).
We set out on our trip a day earlier than originally planned because the big girls and I were going to see Taylor Swift with Steph and Kayla......but very sad to say the concert was cancelled because Taylor was sick:( The girls and I won't be able to make it to the makeup concert because it is on a Wednesday in November.
Steph and I took the girls to see Monte Carlo and we all 5 loved it.

The heat and humidity was up in the triple digits during our trip, so my first few pictures are blurry. I learned pretty quick to keep the lens cap on and take it off after I had been outside for a little while.


The girls played in the water.....road the golf cart around the neighborhood and to the bean field to look for deer, watched TV, ate ice cream.....and played pretty hard!
Sarah and Harley became best buddies. Sarah tried to share all her food with him and found the drawer where his treats are kept....thankfully she couldn't get it open.

Harley became an early bird with Sarah and I....not because he wanted to..but Sarah was up around 6-630 most days, so he got up because he heard us. Sarah would call out his name when we went into the kitchen in the mornings:)
The girls were playing in the water when it started to rain.

Meghan and Jenna said playing in the water was one of their favorite things about this trip.
Stay tuned...more pics to come.

No comments: