We went to visit Audley End House on Saturday. The weather was perfect and we really enjoyed our day out. The girls and I have been to the house and gardens when Rob was deployed, but there were some changes from last year and I think I could go back every week to just hang out in the gardens.
Here is a little history about the house...... Taken from my English Heritage book....
Audley End takes its name from Sir Thomas Audley, Henry VIII's Lord Chancellor who, after 1538, adapted the extensive buildings of suppresed Walden Abbey as his mansion. The house has changed hands a few times over the years and was much much larger at one time, but it cost so much to upkeep the house, most was torn down. The Baron Braybrooke family was the last family to live in the house and the interior represents the taste of the third Baron BrayBrooke.
We took the house tour and we couldn't take pictures inside. It is beautiful and they have rooms on two of the three floors for show. We then headed to the gardens and tried to fly a kite (not enough wind).
Rob and the girls....side view of the house.
The girls sitting on the Temple of Concord.
Back of the house and gardens.
Rob and the girls running.
(Temple of Concord in the far back of the picture)
1 comment:
Cool pics! I especially love the last one! Pretty ladies! :)
Post a Comment