Today 5 years ago.....I was waiting at home for Rob to return from LAX with Stephanie and Kayla. I felt a little "funny" and thought I might be in labor, but wasn't sure because I was two weeks from my due date. I called him and told him to come straight home, don't do any sightseeing. I then cleaned up the house and took a nap with Meghan (she was 21 months old). When he returned we hung out and then went to my scheduled doctor's appointment. Nothing much was told at the appointment....I was 2cm and 90%...so I was told to go home and if I started having contractions under 10 minutes apart to go to the hospital. (side note....we lived about 35 minutes from the hospital). I hung out with Steph and we started dinner. I noticed my back pain was getting closer together and it was about 3-5 minutes apart, so Rob and I gave her all the info about Meghan and the house and headed out. The hospital, Antelope Valley Hospital in Lancaster CA, wanted to send us home because I was still at 2cm and nothing had changed since my 3pm appointment. It was around 8pm and we told them we were not leaving, so they said I could walk around for an hour and if nothing changed, I would have to go home. Well....20 minutes later I was at 6cm, so they started to believe me;) I had to wait for a labor and delivery room and thought I was going to deliver in triage, but finally I was taken to L&D.... it was around 930-10pm. I was able to get an epidural and relax a little and my sweet little Jenna decided to check out the world at 1030pm!!!
Today is Jenna's 5th birthday!!! She has changed so much over the past five years and I have to say I have enjoyed each and every moment. Happy Birthday to my sweet baby girl, Jenna!!!

1 comment:
What a sweet story! Happy Birthday sweet Jenna! :)
Post a Comment