Merry Christmas everyone.

I got a little lazy this year....ok a lot lazy and didn't get cards made. So this post is my stand-in Christmas card. I could say I was super busy, but that isn't true. I just didn't make cards for this year.
We did have a busy year and very thankful for all that we have.
Rob finished up active duty in February and had a few months to spend with us before he started his civilian job. Rob came up to Ohio and found us a home then came back up to start work two and a half weeks before the girls and I moved up here.
I have stayed busy with the girls and our home. I stayed in South Carolina with the girls and with the help of my parents and one of my sisters, got us all packed up and moved up here. The girls and I have explored this area and also made a trip back to North Carolina this past summer. We made it to the family reunion (My Mom's side) and also a short trip to the beach.
Meghan turned 9 this year. She is in 3rd grade and started gymnastics this past summer. She loves a good book and has read a few of the Little House on the Prairie books. She just started the Creepover series and is growing up faster by the day.
Jenna turned 7 this year and she is in 2nd grade. She also started gymnastics this past summer and loves it. She wasn't into reading too much, but was good at it. She started reading to Rob in the evenings and has read lots of Junie B. Jones books to him and recently started the A to Z mystery books. She now loves to read, just like the rest of us.
Sarah....oh my sweet Sarah. She will turn 2 on the 23rd and has hit the "terrrible twos" already. She had a busy busy year. She started walking, talking better, potty training a little, and getting into everything. She loves to spend time with her big sisters and wants to be just like them. She goes to a child watch program and enjoys playing with the other toddlers and babies.
Sissy, the dog, turned 12 this year. I think she has lost some of her hearing but she is in good health overall.
She loves our new home, no steps and she has a dog door.
Our year started out not as we would have planned, but we have settled into our new life as civilians. The girls and I have found a wonderful church to attend. Rob has been able to ride his motorcycle a few times and even made it to a Moto GP race. We have reconnected with some great friends since moving up here to Ohio and look forward to many great memories for all of us.
We have also had my parents visit us a few times, since we are a days drive from their home.
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. I'm excited to see what 2012 has in store for us.....and you.
2 comments:
Chrissy- I love your special "card" very much and thank you for updating me on your family. The pictures are just adorable! Merry Christmas to you and hope Santa is good to your family.
And happy holidays!
Post a Comment